“When you lead by example, you create a picture of what’s possible and make it easy for others to follow you”. With this motto and strong belief, Ms. J Bhuvaneswari, Director/Principal of Presidency School Bangalore South, is a leading example in helping others see what lies ahead and rising to the challenges and achieving goals.
With 30 plus years of experience as an educationist, she has worked in reputed educational institutions catering to different boards including International Baccalaureate, CBSE and ICSE.
Her skills, expertise and proficiencies make her an innovative, forward thinking educator with a track record of success in turning around over all performances in school operations through strategic planning.
Her major strengths are strong leadership, excellent communication skills, competence, team player, attention to detail, dutiful respect for compliance in all regulated environments, as well as supervisory and other administrative tasks. Thorough knowledge of current practices, and a clear vision to accomplish goals are her USP. She has a proven ability to create and monitor policies and practices that promote safe learning environment.
Her educational cum professional excellence can be appreciated from the following –
- Masters in Econometrics from Madras University.
- MS in Computer Science and E-Commerce.
- Master of Education in English.
- MPhil in Human Resource with additional subject of Mathematics.
- CERTIFIED 6 sigma course.
- Executive programme in Leadership and Empowerment from Wipro – Applying thoughts during 2004-2005
- Attended Milt Communication workshop for leaders during 2004 – 2005.
- Executive Programme in Leadership and Strategies at IIM –Kolkata during 2012.
- Executive Programme in Leadership and Management (EPLM) at IIM – Ahmedabad during 2013
- Executive programme Leadership and Change management at Harvard University, Boston, USA – during 2016
- Gold medalist in the University of Madras.
- State rank holder in Grade 12 – Senior Secondary – In Economics and Statistics.
- Certified GNIIT 3 year program in Software in Programming Language.
- Thesis on following topics – Inflation rate in India – Causes and Effects in the GDP, Women rural empowerment – Causes and effects on the economic growth and Per Capita Income.
- Solving Y2K zero digit problem.
She believes in developing an environment that encourages open communication with colleagues, students and the community and mentors educators in the creation and implementation of class instructions, lesson plans etc.
Her areas of focus include – Student centered learning, Programme development in terms of orientation and workshop for teachers, students and parents, extracurricular involvement, training and development, Budgeting and forecasting, Team building, Educational administration and Data Mining.
Her excellence in management skills is achieved by the Application of SWOT in all areas of work. Systems Thinking through System Dynamics has enabled her to design smart, enduring solutions to problems. She has successfully managed the ideal usage of 360 degree Feedback as a Development Tool and applied the same. She believes in perfection and works with six sigma to measure the “defects” in a process, to systematically figure out how to eliminate them and get as close to “zero defects” as possible.
J Bhuvaneswari is a multi-faceted personality who along with the above mentioned academic proficiencies, is also a trained dancer in Bharatanatyam higher level from BaniyanKalakshetra and has completed her higher level under the tutelage of Guru Krishna Murthy. She has performed for various programmes in India and abroad and has now moved on to dance productions and has over 20 productions to her credit. Given her creative and artistic interests she has been lauded for the various programmes put up at schools and colleges such as the Valedictory functions, Annual day shows, Sports Day programmes etc . Creative themes, out of the box ideas and team support has brought out spectacular shows which have been a cynosure of all eyes.
Her passion in education is firmly grounded with the belief that all students are the stakeholders and we are responsible for their growth as individuals, as competent citizens of Generation Next, armed with resources to take on the world and emerge victorious. She believes in giving the best to the society by inculcating the spirit of tolerance and brotherhood amongst the learners.
She ensures a school culture that encourages continuous improvements by grooming teachers and students towards team building, bench marking and path breaking. Honesty, hard work and dedication are her core values that has ensured success. As a leader and educator she knows that learning never stops… and HER students, HER faculty and her everyday interactions is her strength.
Her self-belief brings about a paradigm shift in any project undertaken or assigned to her. She has proved her might as a leader and has received various awards. The feathers in her cap are endless with following individual awards received by her for her leadership excellence
- Global Leadership Foundation Award 2018-19 for Best Leadership.
- Innovative Principal of the year Award by Global leadership foundation
- OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AWARD for the service , commitment & leadership for enrolling students for the National Astronomy Olympiad
- SCOOLSTARS LEADERSHIP- NATIONAL AWARD 2019 in Thought Leadership in Curricular Education.
- Education Leadership Award 2019 in Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards 2019
She has been instrumental in making the school reach great heights and has led to the school achieving various awards like the Bangalore Sahodaya award for outstanding performance in the CBSE Board exam of Grade 10 , Education World Award for Teacher-Parent-Student Relationship, Library & Reading culture and India’s Most Respected Education Brand, EducationToday Award for No1 in Co-curricular Education, Top ten Promising School Award from Academic Insights ,Rotary Award for Corporate Social Responsibility, The Economic Times Best Education Brands 2020 Award and Microsoft School Award. She has been instrumental in the school receiving the International School Award from the British Council back to back for two consecutive periods from 2015 to 2018 and from 2018 to 2021. The School is also a member of GREE (Global Research for Excellence in Education)
Bhuvaneswari is a true role model as a leader for all women and in testimony to this she was invited as a Guest speaker on Women’s Day to speak on the Empowerment of Women at Christ University. It was highly appreciated and was very motivational to the audience. To conclude, in her own words she believes that…… “Passion involves to learn more, work more and wanting to carry on learning in the future. Passion leads to success then success becomes a habit, success breeds success”.